Though my ballet days are behind me, I can't help but gravitate towards it as inspiration. It taught me so much in how I approach my life, even now. Anyone that has trained or rehearsed intensively knows that it lights a fire in you that never burns out. I would like to think I could still pull out some of my old tricks, but I think sticking to Pilates is probably best for this old (in ballet years) lady.
Ballet is such a beautiful inspiration for fashion, too. I love a great ballet flat year round, specially the ones that actually look like ballet slippers. Here are my current favorites.
Pale pink always brings everyone back to their time on the barre, but so does delicate lace (that costume), spaghetti straps (your favorite leotard), and full skirts (tutus at every age).
1. Gorgeous way to rock a tutu-esque skirt. findersKeepers $170
2. A classic pink dress. Asos $113
3. The front of this dress is even more gorgeous. For Love and Lemons $194
4. Pretty and casual dress from House of Harlow 1960 $68
5. Usually I am not a huge fan of the high-low, but this leather version is so pretty. BCBG $268
6. A full skirt brings you back to the tutu and this has an amazing open back. One by Saunder $198
7. The lace on this BCBG is so femme $298
8. Thin spaghetti straps and pale pink is the perfect combo. Rory Beca $229
Are you doing pliés yet?