I was told years ago, from a very wise woman that "Prints are Personal." Out of all of the advice I have heard on style, this has resonated with me the most. She told me this because she often helps me shop and we always had very different opinions on prints. While I tend to maybe pick one piece a season with a bold print and brutally scrutinize it in the dressing room mirror, she can instantly see a print she loves and how to incorporate it into her life.
With endless and beautiful options on prints season after season, I think we can all agree to disagree with what prints we love and those we hate. From large graphic prints to delicate florals, prints change with the seasons and your mood. Don't let anyone talk you into a print, because you will never wear it. Trust me, I have evidence of salesgirl print pushing hanging in my closet with the tags still sadly hanging from the sleeves.
To give you some print inspiration, DVF and Isabel Marant showed some Aztec and Navajo inspired prints that are fun and very different.
What I am finding fun about these prints are the diversity and the way it can be quite bold as Lady Furstenberg has showed us or more subtle as the uber-chic Isabel displays.
Now as the advice says, you could absolutely loathe these prints, and that is just fine with me. Because the more opinion you have about prints, the more likely you are to find the perfect one for yourself.
1. Aztec Party Dress by All Saints $460
2. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Aztec Bra top Romper at Revolve Clothing $294
3. Pippa Lynn Print Pleated Skirt at ASOS $86
4. Aztec Woven Top by Forever 21 $13
5. Stolen Girlfriends Club Spike Dress at ASOS $305
6. Poncho in Turquoise and Cream at Boutique to You $55
7. Warehouse Leather Aztec Bag at ASOS $94
8. Aztec skirt by All Saints $299
9. Tucker Blouse at Les Nouvelles $264
10. Mara Hoffman balconette bikini at Net-A-Porter $220
11. Missoni Soia wool sweater at Net-A-Porter $870