There are few things harder in life than having a baby. But what can seem almost as hard is clothing that growing bump and looking somewhat like your stylish self. And while your normal clothes can last you if they have some stretch, sometimes you have to break down and get the maternity versions. I pulled a bunch of options for a client recently that are great wardrobe staples you can wear throughout your pregnancy and that save you some money to buy clothes you really want post baby.
1. This blouse could be worn to work with a camp underneath. Asos $50
2. A classic black blouse with flattering tucking. Rosie Pope $44 (final sale)
3. A comfy grey sweater that goes with everything. Asos $40
4. A silky tank good for day or night. Asos $36
5. This is more of an investment, but you can wear after as well. Hatch $248
6. This top has a split back that gives it a modern feel. Topshop $58
7. A super soft tank great alone or layering. Monrow $58
8. Stripes are surprisingly flattering when pregnant. A classic Breton is so chic. Asos $36
*note many of these tops come in other colors. Click on links to see.
1. Paige makes the best maternity jeans. Whatever jean fit is most comfortable to you now is best for when you are pregnant. I would stick with just one pair in a dark wash.
2. Love a draped pant and these are maternity. Olian $108
3. A skinny trouser is great for work or out at night. Rosie Pope $98
1. Not a maternity dress, but perfect for a bump and summer walks in the city. Cheap Monday $70
2. I lived in this dress when I was pregnant. Add one of your own belts to lux it up. Asos $50
3. A maxi dress is a pregnant girls best friend. This one has a nice drape for your bump. Velvet $139
4. Another dress that I lived in. As you get bigger, this will be so nice and breezy in the summer months. Asos $22
5. The drape of this dress will grow with you, go up a size. ElevenParis $95
6. Super soft and great for layering or lounging. Splendid $70
For when you want to dress up...
1. The metallic and pleats of this dress is so fun. Add in your own skinny belt to lux it up. Asos $63
2. Not sure if you like this color, but mix in nude heels and a bright clutch or necklace and this is perfect. Hatch $144
3. This would be so cute for a shower or party with a white tank. Hem to a flattering length. Asos $36
4. This has a swing shape when you are not in the mood for something tight. Hatch $219
5. Probably one of the best cocktail maternity looks I have come across. Asos $172
6. If you like a floral, this non maternity would be great. Addison $208
Dresses for day and night...
2. A classic shift in a pretty color. Asos $45
3. This is non maternity, but if you go up a size can fit your bump for the first months. Madewell $138
4. Similar to the swing dress above, but add a statement necklace to dress it up. Asos $45
5. Non maternity, but roomy. Add a belt above your bump as you get bigger. Splendid $110
6. I love this. Chic but so comfortable. Add a bright bag or jewelry. Just female $136
The maternity struggle is real. I hope this helps you out.