One idea that always comes to everyone's mind after the holidays is simplicity. Whether that is in your diet, your routine, your home, or your closet. Getting back to basics and keeping things simple can make the start of any year feel fresh and calm. Most of our closets are filled with way too many pieces that frankly we do not even wear. And when we do purchase something it is easily worn and then forgotten about. I love the idea of classics that can be incorporated into wardrobes and never feel tired even after wearing twenty times. There are a few that I already own and love on this list, but the best part is every single one of these is on sale.
1. The Chateau Parka from J. Crew is always sold out by season end for good reason. I have it in Gray, but loving this black.
2. Rag and Bone booties are never on sale and make jeans and t shirts elevated cool-girl style so easily. Love them with dresses too.
3. A knit duster that can keep you cozy, but also insanely chic.
4. J. Crew has seriously upped their denim in the last few years and I live in these toothpick jeans.
5. You can never have enough striped tees and this one is the perfect cut.
6. Soft leather ballerina flats with a hidden wedge. Love these.
7. Classic aviators with a little edge with black frames.
8. A little black velvet dress by Joie for any occasion this winter. For colder climates, just add tights and heels.
9. A simple sweater dress can be your biggest work horse. With tights, leggings, boots or flats. This cold shoulder one is cute too.
10. The J. Crew cashmere tee is luxurious and the easiest piece to slip on and feel pulled together for under $100. It comes in many colors.
11. I have been eyeing these Vince velvet cropped leggings for awhile. Soft and easy to pair with heels or flats for day or night.
12. I tried this dress on and and consider the most femme, classic little pink dress.