I have been getting a lot of questions about what I have been wearing throughout my pregnancy. And while there has been a lot of Lulu Lemon and leggings in my life, I have really tried to find some real clothes that work for me. After month six though, getting dressed takes forever. Even more so now that I am weeks away. Luckily, I have a few standbys that are comfortable and keep me from schlepping around. Plus, I have been able to wear things that I can get some use of after the babe is here.
Here are a few of the casual looks that I have been wearing a lot. Please excuse my amateur photo skills. Note that many of these pieces are no longer available, so some of the links take you to similar options.
1. Love this Rag & Bone shirt, so glad I can still button it. It will be cute belted post pregnancy. leggings: J. Crew, shoes: Jimmy Choo
2. This Joie sweater was a favorite before I was pregnant. These leggings are Pea in a Pod, over the bump. Super soft and comfortable. The boots I got knowing that I would have trouble zipping up or getting off knee high boots. I love the buckles and the shearling inside.
3. I saw Beyonce with this Elie Tahari leather jacket on as well. It has built in panels that stretch, so it works now and will still be cute after. I live for Alexander Wang T-shirts. I have just been buying them in larges so I can wear over leggings or jeggings. Pants: Gap Maternity, shoes Jimmy Choo
4. I got this Joie blouse (on sale!) early on and have been surprised how comfortable it still is. I bought it one size up from what I normally would. These Paige maternity jeans are super comfortable and the same fit I like when not pregnant. Buy the same size you were pre-pregnancy or even smaller. They stretch. Wedges: Prada
When I have to dress up, I always wear tights and am still sporting heels. I usually just bring a pair of flats in my purse in case I need to switch.
1. I have had this Rebecca Taylor dress forever. The hem has gotten pretty short, so opaque tights are a must. I like over the bump the kind. Shoes: Chanel
2. I love this dress, not maternity, just got it in a larger size. It is from FROCK in Studio City, my friend's new amazing store.
3. This Parker pleated dress has gotten me through so many weddings and parties throughout my pregnancy. For winter, it is perfect with my favorite Elizabeth & James blazer, even though it no longer buttons. Shoes: Louboutin
4. I just got this Spring & Clifton sweater dress. I got it my normal size and it stretched with you, thank goodness. Super comfortable and the open shoulder keeps it cute. Shoes: Louboutin
5. Sometimes going tighter is fun, especially when going to a party where you want to make it known that you are pregnant. Nothing worse than people looking at you and playing the guessing game. This Rebecca Taylor that I have had forever barely zipped, but had some good stretch.
6. This Style Stalker blouse is also from FROCK in LA. I love the print and it was super comfortable for a cocktail party.
Mix in here plenty of over sized sweaters, lots of leggings, and lounging wear, and you pretty much know what I have been wearing for the past few months. I have yet to sacrifice comfort for style and I think that is what has kept me happy and out of sweat pants.