One of my favorite trends from the Met Ball on Monday night were strategically placed cutouts. These three lovely ladies wore the trend to perfection by making it discreet and keeping the rest of look PG, or at least PG-13.
When wearing anything with some sort of cutout, I think it best to not go overboard with the showing of skin. Just a peek can be so chic and flirty. Here are some ways to wear this trend in your life.
1. Rachel Pally Long Cutout Dress at ShopBop $238
2. Enamel Cuff Bracelet with Cutout from BCBG Maxazria $58
3. Dolce Vita Marina Ric Rac Dress at Revolve Clothing $176
4. Sam Edelman 'Kendall' Wedge Sandal at Nordstrom $160
5. Rebecca Minkoff Jemme Top at Saks $175
6. Wren 'Julia' Open Back Dress at Nordstom $298
7. Tom Ford Emmeline Metal Sunglasses at Scoop NYC $380
8. Sea Blue Cut Out Sleeveless Top from Top Shop $60
9. Halston Heritage Stella zip-detailed suede sandals at Net-a-Porter $225
10. Boulee Tiffany Cutout Cami Dress at Saks $218
11. Fendi Snakeskin Cutout Platform Bootie at Neiman Marcus $835
12. Diane von Furstenberg Nema One-Piece Swimsuit at Barneys $225
13. Cutout Waist Belt from BCBG Maxazria $26
I am obsessed with the Dolce Vita dress, it has such an interesting cutout and the print is great. The cobalt blue Halston Heritage sandals could be such a great statement shoe and come in one of the most chic colors of the season.
I am drooling over the Fendi booties. How amazing for summer dresses and cropped jeans?