I have been talking about giving our dining room a refresh for quite some time. And I am starting to feel motivated for some reason. It is hilarious how you can live somewhere for years and put things off for so long. But I always tell clients, better to really live somewhere for a bit before you dive into projects. So I guess I am taking my own advice. This is the dining room currently. Boring. ha
All the furniture was Matt's great grandmother's (chairs new, buffet and breakfront not pictured) and those random things all over the mantel were from the holidays (old photo). All this place needs is a bit of paint (dark navy above chair rail), some additional moldings (under chair rail all painted white), a new light fixture, a great mirror for above the fireplace, and a big piece of art for over the buffet. Lighting is probably my least favorite thing to choose because like rugs, I torture myself with the decision. I actually love the fixture we have, but it does not go with the style of our home or the furniture (If interested in buying lmk). I have narrowed down the field for a replacement and thought you might be looking as well, so here are the options...
Some simple, but pretty pieces...
1. Really loving the lines of this Thomas O'Brien $735 (four finish options)
2. Just enough curve on this one by Barbara Berry $945
3. Simple but such a statement maker Anthropologie $1750
Some more feminine, but not too ornate options...
1. Really love the rope like feel of this E.F. Chapman $895
2. This is such a classic shape and I love the star One Kings Lane $1195
3. Not sure I want to do a shade again, but this is pretty. Bloomingdales $1170
4. The scrolling is so pretty One Kings Lane $1155
And some other shapes that I love...
1.Such a unique shape, a little modern, but cool One Kings Lane $1399
2. This is the lantern everyone wants, always a good choice One Kings Lane $629
3. The round shape and shades feel very grown up One Kings Lane $1155
Clearly this is an investment, so I want to choose correctly. I will keep you posted when something gets put up. As for paint, that might have to wait until this Fall. Some fun projects to come that I cannot wait to share.