Warm breezy days call for something long and flowing. Not just because it looks great, but function plays a role as well. I learned this the hard way on a windy day at the park. That lightweight sun dress I love was suddenly showing way more than was appropriate. But aside from function, the maxi dress can elevate a look simply by having a longer hemline. Somehow that makes it fancier, more grown up. And let's get serious, some of us are not into showing leg all summer long. Especially pale, extra sun screened ones.
You cannot go wrong with black or white. Especially loving the look of a white dress right now.
1. Love an off the shoulder First & I $50 / 2. And in white even better Madewell $158 / 3. Pleats and swing shape for days when anything tight just will not do Asos $118 / 4. I love this tasseled, sweet number so much Asos $118 / 5. Soft and slinky, this has got to be so comfy Velvet $139
This Summer, cobalt blue and soft pink are having their moment.
1. Your favorite t-shirt turned into a flattering dress Soft Joie $124 / 2. Love the moire waist and roomy skirt Rachel Pally $166 / 3. This is the perfect shade of blue and could go day to night Madewell $148/ 4. This dress has a great drape and I love a drawstring Velvet $128 / 5. This can be feel dressed up with minimal effort Felicity & Coco $98
Whether soft or loud, a print is essential for the warmer months.
1. Obsessed with this floral print. Not too sweet. Asos $182 / 2. Girlie and fun BB Dakota $56/ 3. Strapless with a defined waist is my jam Joie $198 / 4. I like the slightly shorter hem of this. And that I can add my own belt Soft Joie $168/ 5. She knows her prints and this one is perfection Mara Hoffman $240
A shirt dress style lends more sophistication to a maxi. Depending on where you work, this could be a go to option for the office.
1. You would where this dress forever. Love the navy. Vince $191 (on sale) / 2. Love the neckline and the included slip Splendid $270 (also comes in black) / 3. Such an ease to this dress. And would make a great cover up for the pool. Everlane $65 (also comes in white) / 4. Add your favorite belt to this. BB Dakota $88
And then the always in my heart, striped dress. I literally always try one on every time I shop. It is a problem.
1. Extra soft with a biased stripe. Soft Joie $198 / 2. Probably not every one's favorite, but I digging the colors. Felicity & Coco $58 (on sale) / 3. I usually loathe a high low, but I really love this Faithful $155/ 4. The perfect color combo Sundry $138