How was your weekend? Our child-less one was unreal. So relaxed and fun, but it was great to see the kids last night.
The temperatures are definitely on the way down and cozying up to the fireplace sounds so perfect. And though the actual fire is usually the star of the show, what is on top of it needs to make a statement too. My Pinterest has been filled with ornate and gilded mirrors on top of mantels and my gut says it is time for one at our house.
Gold mirrors on mantels feels so Parisian to me. And while you usually think go ornate mirrors going in ornate rooms, the juxtaposition of a gold mirror in a more modern or traditional room can be awesome. Plus, there are options that are not so ornate, just gold and lovely.
Love the height of this mirror and how it reflects the light fixture.
Blue grass cloth and gold is such a gorgeous statement
Eclectic yet modern
Love the scale of this skinnier mirror in relation to the narrow fireplace.
Plain and round is an easy option that would work in any room.
And then there is what my apartment in Paris would look like. Swoon.
These types of mirror are an investment, but could always be moved to another room or given new life in a hallway. But really, a gold statement piece over the mantel is so chic. Here are some options.
1. I can't even handle this mirror, so in love with it. Chairish $455
2. A pretty scrolling shape by Uttermost Co. $199
3. Straight out of Paris apartment. Chairish $950
4. Love the lattice pattern of this Surya $459
5. This Uttermost Co. mirror has great line and great adornment on top. $509
6. A thick banded gilt mirror is so classic. Uttermost Co. $309
7. This is a gorgeous mirror by Howard Elliot, great for lower ceilings $545
8. This bamboo mirror is such a gem and so fun. Zinc Door $530
9. The pretty line of this mirror gives it an ethnic feel, but simply Uttermost Co. $309