We all covet something for our house. A piece we know is missing, but is hard to find and will be putting a dent in our wallet. For me, I have been scouting for a gold leaf bar cart for well over a year. Unable to commit and not wanting to justify the price tag with my better half, I have continued shopping even though I have found some great options.
Doesn't this look lovely?
|Lilly Pulitzer Bamboo Bar Cart, Available Soon from her new furniture line|
I rarely turn to gold when picking out anything for my house, but for some reason I am obsessed with the color for evoking a time well into our past, and bringing some glam into my living room.
My search has involved flea markets and antique stores, since I am convinced I can find one that will be a steal. That has not been very successful. Problem is, when you are looking for something specific it rarely ever is found.
I have found a few that I like, some with some age to them, others reproductions. All I know is that I am still not ready to commit, but I am glad I have some options. I am giving myself until Christmas since I am hosting and setting up a festive bar on my new cart makes me giddy.
1. Arteriors "Emory" Bar Cart from Horchow $1,169
2. Antique 1970's Italian brass and brushed metal bar cart from Buck House on 1stDibs $2,200
3. Brass and cane bar cart by Farnsworth on 1stDibs $1,600
4. World's Away Bar Cart in gold leaf from Candelabra $817
5. Jan Showers Leland Drinks Cart, price upon request
Which one is your favorite? Help me decide!