Happy New Year!
The holidays have closed and the come down is real, so hopefully you are taking care of yourselves. Which could be basking in the joy that was the last couple months or possibly shaking the anxiety of it all or maybe both. ha
I am not one for resolutions. In years past I have mostly tried to add things into my year instead of taking them out. This year I may be on a bit more of a minimalist kick coming into 2020. Trying to get rid of the junk in my closet, the junk in my pantry, and the junk in my beauty products. Nothing drastic as I cherish Doritos and Pantene too much, but at least in a few ways to sort of clean up my act and those of my family.
Clean beauty is now so mainstream that it is so much easier to make a few different choices and have a real impact on your exposure to toxins (pssst: I only minimally know what I am talking about, so take all this with a grain of she-is-not-doctor).
Doing the research on what is "clean" and what is not is not only a drag it is real work. I found the app Healthy Living though and it is genius. You can scan the barcode or type in the name of any beauty or personal care product and it will rate it for you. The ratings include allergy, cancer, and developmental concerns. I look mostly at the cancer and developmental to make decisions on things I will buy again or try, but it is nice to have the whole picture.
Now let's be clear, I am still using things that are not on the clean list all the time. But I have found some really great options that are clean that I think are the same or even better than my former dirty dog stand bys.
Here are the products that I switched to and have been using (or bonus was already using and are clean!) that I am feeling great about using on myself and my kids.
1. My skin is DRRRYYYY in the winter. I am on my second bottle of this body lotion and it is legit.
2. I love these body washes, especially the Calm Down one. There is a different scent for what you are feeling or want to feel, which is fun.
3. This Jason Body Wash is so great for myself and the kids. It gets nice a foamy and the coconut smell makes me feel like I am on vacation.
4. I have been a Honest fan since my kids were babies and the body wash/shampoo and conditioner is still the one I go back to every time.
5. Now that I am a bath person (what?!) a solid bath soak is now my favorite indulgence and this Martini one is crazy relaxing.
6. You guys, I am not giving up regular deodorant. I tried, I really did, but I cannot do it. But when I am not going to sweat a bunch, I put on this natural one with a pretty scent.
7. This Simple Micellar Water is the best make up remover. So gentle and lasts forever. I use it as a face cleanser when I am feeling lazy too.
8. Good ole Bareminerals is the best way to even out skin in my opinion. And it has SPF which is hard to do with something clean.
9. Glossier products are generally all clean and I love them, but if I had to choose one it is the concealer. For under $20 it is the best beauty buy there is
10. I know I have posted this serum a billion times, but really I love it. The smell, the consistency, and the results are amazing. I use it every morning
11. Thank goodness Cerave products make the cut as I swear the foaming cleanser and lotion is what my skin loves best and what I slather on especially during break outs
Any clean products you are loving? You know I want to try them!
Shop the Post