There is always that one color for everyone that when it catches your eye, you gravitate for it.
For as long as as my brain can remember, deep bright blue has been that color. I remember that Catherine's room was painted it in Cruel Intentions, it was the color of the water in Capri, and Cornflower was my favorite Crayon color.
So naturally this color peaks my interest while shopping, especially for vintage accessories. These two are frequently found on my wrist.
Lapis has such a vibrant, rich color. It also feels exotic since it is mined mainly in the Middle East and its origin dates back to the Mesopotamians. Cleopatra used Lapis powder on her eyes, love that.
Lapis pieces can get really pricey, but I did some browsing and found some great finds that are a bit more down to earth than the ridic pieces I saw at Barney's recently (worth drooling over).
1. Kenneth Jay Lane lapis Dream cocktail ring at Max & Chloe $190
2. King Baby Studio lapis bead bracelet at Zappos Couture $345
3. Chan Luu gold and leather bracelet at Net-A-Porter $345
4. Lapis and coral drop earrings by Bounkit at Charm & Chain $375
5. Thin lapis cuff by Bounkit at Charm & Chain $430
6. Kara by Kara Ross lapis cocktail ring at Max & Chloe $280
7. Amrita Singh earrings at Couture Candy $100