Here in the Midwest, we wait a very long time for the temperatures to climb and the ability to go outside without a parka on. If we are lucky, we get about three months of weather where we can actually venture outside and get some vitamin D.
While other regions of the world take advantage of the weather by biking or paddling down a river, we prefer to eat. The perfect BBQ is relaxed, has plenty of cold beverages, and ridiculous amounts of delicious food.
With Memorial Day this weekend, and a few months of warm weather, it was time to do some browsing to make the backyard entertaining ready. Since the time frame for outdoor use is so short, I bargained shopped at some of my faves: Target, Ikea, and CB2.
1. Camp lantern from CB2 $15
2. Galvanized planters from CB2 $7-$30
3. Dinner plates from Ikea .99
4. Set of 4 Tumblers from Target $20
5. Wood folding chair from Ikea $15
6. Outdoor gazebo with curtains from Ikea $129
7. Smith & Hawken planter from Target $70
8. Pewter pitcher from Target $49
9. Wood serving cart from Ikea $90
10. Set of 6 fuchsia glasses from Target $34
11. Set of 4 stemless wine glasses from Target $11
12. Formosa burnt orange tray table from CB2 $50
13. Clear serving tray from CB2 $35
I am obsessed with the Camp Lantern. You can use it on a table or string some up in a tree. I also like finding cheap, but durable serving pieces. No need to buy paper or plastic when your guests can drink out of a glass and eat off a real plate. If one breaks, you will not care at just 99 cents a pop.
Here's to a fun filled summer!
PS: if you need any recipe ideas for your next BBQ, check out my cooking blog under the labels 'grilling' and 'sides' on the left hand side. More to come this week!